Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year

So… first of all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
I went to Mont Saint Micheal after Rennes. And after Mont Saint Micheal, I moved south bit by bit by train. First, I went to Nantes, where I spent my Christmas. And then to Bordeaux, Toulouse. By then the temperature was much warmer than Paris. I wanted to enter Spain but there was no train to Barcelona from Toulouse that day so I went to Narbonne, changing station for Spain. It's very south of France. 2010 was almost closed by then and the hostel was very quiet. I was surprised that it was open this time of the year. And then the next day, December 29th, I entered Spain. The train ride was interesting. Short after departing Narbonne, the train started to slow down. I looked out to check whether something was wrong. But everything was okay. The train was slowing down because it was riding a very thin land. Sea on one hand and lake on the other. Many kinds of birds flying. I saw a big bird flying and the silhouette looked like it was flamingo. Soon I knew I was right. Groups of flamingos were searching for food and more came flying to join them. I was surprised to see wild flamingos like that, from a train. I was even more surprised when I saw the railway on the google map. The land where the line was was so thin and I couldn't understand why they built it there. But I had fun looking out the window. Maybe it was a good decision after all.
I got off the train at Girona. A bit north from Barcelona. Stayed there for one night and then moved to Barcelona, where I spent my last day of 2010 and the first day of the 2011. The warmest winter I've ever spent. I walked around the city today. Went to Park Guell and Sagrada Familia. I also went by the beach on the new year's eve, where there were many fireworks.
I'm leaving Barcelona tomorrow. Thinking to move to Madrid.
2010 went by like a blink of an eye. Or maybe even faster. I hope that I'll be able to blink more than once by the end of 2011, the year of rabbit, the fast one.
Happy New Year
picture: above, mont saint micheal. below, sagrada familia

No comments:

Post a Comment