Friday 10 September 2010

Cycling day four

In the morning, the same atmosphere was still there. It was like being in an empty amusement park or living in a mansion alone. I don't know how to describe it but there was very unusual, kind of sad feeling in the air.
Today, I had to ride almost 65km. Well, I didn't have to but I wanted to.
It rained sometimes, but like at the Hoga Kusten, my rain gear saved me from being wet. I rode quite smoothly without no problem till I saw the sign seven kilometers to Visby. There, I rested for a bit to go the last distance. As I resumed my last ride, I felt the bad feeling again… rear tire was punctured. I thought about ignoring it for a bit, but there was the bump again. I stopped and investigated but I couldn't find the puncture. The rain was washing away my concentration too. So, after all, I continued to ride the punctured bumpy bike for another hour.
Although with some difficulties, I reached Visby earlier than I planned.
I was so pleased when I saw the ruins from the distance.
picture: stone path. visby

No comments:

Post a Comment