Saturday 27 November 2010

winter

From Lucarno, I stopped at Andermatt for one night and moved to Chur.
Andermatt was beyond my imagination. Everything was covered with snow. First thing I did was to find somewhere to stay for the night. There is a hostel in Andermatt but it is closed this time of the year. I found a cozy b&b instead. The town was busy with decorating the streets with Christmas illumination. I like snow, it feels like the town is quieter and smaller. And you can see a lot with only moonlight.
I came to Chur today. I didn't ride the Glacier express but the train I took rode the same route. Stunning view. Absolutely beautiful. I don't know how to describe it but I can say that it is amazing. White mountain with shadow and snow covered trees, small villages in a valley, frozen lakes. I'm going to do some more train ride tomorrow and it seems like it's going to be even better! yikes!!
picture: taken from the train

No comments:

Post a Comment