Tuesday 27 April 2010

Hollywood


Went to Hollywood today. Getting there was a bit confusing. There was no time table for bus and that made me nervous, not knowing how long should I wait. And after I got the correct bus for the first one, I mistook the next one. Number on the bus was right but seems I got the one which goes south. Though to go north was correct. It wasn't very pleasant place where the wrong bus took me. Sad atmosphere. I guess there are same kind of place in Tokyo too, but to be in those place in whole new country was not fun. Anyway, took the bus with the same number (next time going NORTH) and I reached Hollywood fine.
Saw the famous Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Kodak theatre, and the "Hollywood" sign. Many entertainers were doing their job.
But as soon as I arrived at the place, somehow I wasn't jumping around from excitement. Maybe tired from the extra long bus trip, but I was sure of this. I ain't no city boy. Didn't enjoy the place as I expected. Maybe if it was holiday or if I joined the tour it was more fun, I don't know. But I just saw the major sights and hopped on the bus again. Although, I found the Steve McQeen's name in the star. I don't know what it's called but you know those stars on the pavement.

Thought I saw Japanese on the bus, but I realized they were Korean from them talking. But wait a minute…they aren't speaking Korean, they are speaking Japanese. My ears forgot Japanese. It's been more than ten days since I heard a conversation in Japanese. English is far from perfect, and now I'm loosing my semi-perfect Japanese. I was surprised how it was difficult to catch what they were saying. hmm…not good.

Anyways, I'm off to San Diego tomorrow. And stop after that will be Grand Canyon!





No comments:

Post a Comment