Saturday 8 May 2010

Zion National Park

I finally checked out from the hostel I was staying for six nights. It was a very good hostel. Also it was the cheapest one so far.
Today's plan was to drive to Zion National Park and camp a night there. With my new tent which I bought at Phoenix yesterday.
There were so many amazing sites again. Drive to the park was about five hours. Going thorough those wonderful nature made it very easy ride. BUT, as I reached Zion, I found out that the camping ground was all booked. Forgot that today was Saturday! So I'm staying at a motel near the park. I hope I'll be able to spend a night there tomorrow. If not, walk around the park and maybe stay here another night and head north to Salt Lake City. See how it goes. I really want to go to Yellow Stone while I have enough time in America.
Shame that I can't camp tonight, but just driving through the park was awesome! There is a tunnel goes through a great big wall of rock. Seems like I'm going to have another "great nature day" tomorrow.

picture was taken somewhere between zion and north rim of grand canyon.


No comments:

Post a Comment